DevOps is a culture that brings Development and Operations team on same platform to complete the software development process. It allows organizations to create and improve products at a faster pace than they can with traditional software development approaches.
Developers and Operations work in silos towards their respective goals and priorities with a great disconnect on common priorities. This disconnect in common priorities, known as “Wall of Confusion”, creates unnecessary delays and ultimately affects Time to Market (TTM).
5 most important reasons why DevOps is so much important:
1. No Wall of Confusion: It is a cultural shift from conventional IT practices – no more different teams working in silos and no more “wall of confusion”
2. Increased Team spirit: Teams work together in a highly collaborative, responsive, agile and automated environment
3. More reliability: Build infrastructure as code for repeat-ability and reliability on code as well as infrastructure.
4. Shorter Development and Testing Cycles: Continuous development, continuous testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery (and/or continuous deployment)
5. Reduced TTM: Deliver software often in small iterations with the help of readily available industry standard tools
Benefits of DevOps:
- Improved quality and performance of the applications
- Continuous software delivery
- Reduced complexity of the systems and applications
- Faster feedback hence faster resolution of problems
- Less complex problems to fix due to small iterations
- Faster delivery of features – Less time to market (TTM)
- Increased ROI (Return on Investment)
- More stable and automated operating environments
- Increased collaboration between the teams in the organization
- More time available to add value (rather than fix/maintain)
Here we at Cloudseals Pvt Ltd, helping organizations to adopt DevOps in most effective way and improve their software development process with complete automation. Reach out to us for free consultation on how you can adopt Devops and be better at adopting it.